10 May 2016

forgotten

in anticipated anxiety,
the need to cry. forgotten
alive and awake,
the need to be seen and heard . forgotten
existing, pretending, coaxing, stifling, hiding.
FORGOTTEN.
like a rolling stone I'll walk alongside,
like a vagabond I'll leave you surprised.
a penny for each thought unsaid,
a penny for every memory that fades.
every single penny you earned,
don't forget, that is for every notion I burnt.
in ashes are those memories, those fantasies soot.
every desire famished, every lover moot.
the need to prove yourself myself;
writing in third person. forgotten.

forgotten for what is ever gotten
the desire to make sense. forgotten.


................

I came across this list of cues for poems. I am trying to do all of them.. 
this is one from the list (Write a poem about Forgetting) 

Maybe by the end of the list, I'll be better =)

No comments:

Post a Comment