28 Apr 2018

the sound of silence

Every time I write it is about nostalgia.
Every time I write, I have inadvertently travelled to that sweet spot on youtube where my playlist lines up, each song better than the other complimenting the song before it, completing the thought. Have no doubts I am a fan of eclectic playlists where NFAK leads to Freddie Mercury which breaks Damien Rice free. But this consistency, that sweet spot is like a ride into the sunset, on a road with no potholes or breakers.

Every time I write it is because I am craving conversation, and no one will do, when I don't want to jinx the delicate muslin feel of the breeze with a jagged conversation about chores/bills/work.

Every time I write the light is maddham, life is maddham.
Every time I write, I think of you and You.
Every time I write I am looking for answers to questions I am too afraid to ask.
Every time I write I am looking for answers to questions that were ignored, forgotten, left to die.

Every time I write, my eyes are moist towards the end, the world turns blurry and Jal plays in the background telling me panchi hoon udne do...

Every time I write it is like I am talking to you, letting you on on an intimate detail, out in the public. Like that couple that holds hands in packed malls oblivious to the people around, like I live through life with headphones on, oblivious to people around, looking for a particular face while all other things, people, are somewhat hazy in the background.




4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I wish to embark on a project - to build a playlist in the form of a story line or multiple parallel ones. Not your idea of next complimenting the one that came before, but kind of picking up the thread and drawing it a bit more.

    A sequence, of something like -
    birth - Here I am (Bryan Adams)
    growing up - Feel (Robbie Williams), Paradise (Coldplay)
    naive adolescence - Somebody's Heartbreak (Hunter Hayes)
    Infatuation - Desert Rose (Sting)
    loving - When You Say Nothing At All (Ronan Keating)
    leaving or being left - 9 Crimes (Damien Rice)
    denial - Clocks (Lifehouse)
    renewal - Wish You were here (Pink Floyd)
    loving - Kiss from the rose (Seal)

    Or a different trajectory.

    Why do you care about whether you write about reflects nostalgia or if it serves as analgesia? If it serves you, let it :)

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have never done it, thought of making a playlist like that. It is generally based on mood.

    I like your playlist =)
    And yeah, it serves me I'll let it.

    Thanks for stopping by babaji!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. I ma working in Car towing service company. My friend give me suggestion of reading your post. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete