15 May 2018

Disgust.

I like this disgust swelling in me, 
Pulsating like heartbeats; steady and sure. 
Burning up my insides akin to a volcano waiting to erupt. 

I like this turbulence
I like how I am jolted back to reality. 
Like walking out of the theater after 'Gravity'

No, it is not bad, if you come to think of it. 
I have given flesh and bones to this mythical drama. 
I have worked on the cast, written the story; 
Rehearsed the script. 

I like this disgust that is swelling inside of me; 
because this is not the event, it is the after-after party.
The aftermath, 
Walking the walk of shame the morning after. 

I am waiting for water to spill over; 
I will blame the glass for its limitations. 

I am waiting for the volcano to erupt. 
I will then blame my heart for its cowardice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment