17 Nov 2009

un-requited love


YOU stood on the cross-road,
honey kissed eyes.
you saw me walking towards you,
smiled.

looked at you, spat,
"what the hell now?"
i saw in your left hand,
a white polythene and a pair of cute pink socks.

like a flash that evening ran in front of my eyes.
i remembered,running out of change,not buying, sighing.
you remembered.
before i said another word, looked up,saw the silhouette walk away.

I gasped,
.............you,the pair of cute pink socks and me.



"He would not stay for me, and who can wonder?
He would not stay for me to stand and gaze. 
I shook his hand, and tore my heart in sunder,
And went with half my life about my ways."



4 comments:

  1. Aww, must have been some special day, ye?

    Shouldn't have pissed off the guy? Gifts shouldn't be that important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup was special. but the gift and me being angry were unrelated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but were you angry? or was he?


    I like them pink socks though. would look radd on a guy ye?(i'm considering them for me. heh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was angry.
    he didn't try to pacify me rather gave me the socks and walked away.

    pink socks on a guy hmm...

    ReplyDelete