(read as a confused cynic on the verge of being a misanthrope who is in love with love and hence tends to forget the *need of another person* part in between and then realises the lacuna at a very bad time)
1. DO NOT listen to romantic songs, especially ones that reminds you of someone(s)/some time/some place.
2. DO NOT watch 'LOVE STORY'
3.DO NOT ask questions whose answers you know.
4. DO NOT stay up after 10 pm.
5. get a life. [so do this unlike what is written on the opening line (ok sue me it is 3 AM and i am posting/scribbling, you sure did not expect me to make sense)]
and now, to top the list of the umpteen realizations there are these:
1. do not...DO NOT...let anyone know how much they are important, gives them ample sleep and makes you insomniac.
2. you want people who do not want you; people who want you, you do not want them. yes it is a triangle. you end up loosing face and loosing a friend/confidant.
and that brings me to the third
3. life is a two faced screwdriver (yeah it is a special kind), screws you whichever side you are.